About this blog...

Food has been an important part of my life for as long as I can remember. Food and the festivities surrounding its arrival to the table has always been a focal point in our family. For many years I have been amassing the cookbooks, recipe cards, cooking journals, diaries, manuscripts and clipping files of our once extensive family.

Personally, I’ve been professionally involved with food for over 40 years in numerous and varied culinary capacities across the country so I also have the collected stories, as well as current and on-going food-related experiences from my own life I’d like to share.

My idea has long been that someday I would bring all of this marvelous raw material together into a culinary journey through our family’s heritage. This journal is the beginnings of that journey.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Rich Biscuit Recipe

Rich Biscuits

Ingredients
4 cp      Flour
2 TBSP    Baking Powder
1 Tsp.    Salt
1 TBSP    Sugar
2/3 Cp.   Butter
1 Cp.     Milk
1 Each    Egg
Method
1. Whisk together the dry ingredients.
2. Cut in the butter
3. Combine the egg and milk and mix just to incorporate.
4. Press or roll out and cut as desired.
5. Bake on ungreased pans @ 425°F for 10-12 minutes.

Yield: 8 Big Biscuits

No comments:

Post a Comment